Iquitos was a small village populated by the tribe of the Indians Iquitos. From 1864, with the visit of the Mariscal Castilla, Iquitos turns into city and the capital of the department. During the 19th century increased the trade with Brazil, but since1880, with the exploitation of the rubber, initiated its expansion as city.
To 12 km from the airport to the southwest of Iquitos’s city (30 minutes in car approximately).It is located in the righ margen of the river Nanay, is ideal to swim, to take a walk by canoe or to enjoy the landscape
PORT OF BELEN
It’s located in the right margen of the Amazon. The settlers have constructed their houses on timber piles or rafts.
QUISTOCOCHA’S TOURIST COMPLEX
Located at a height of the km 6,3 of the Road, to the southwest of Iquitos’s city (15 minutes in car approximately). It is located around the lagoon Quistococha
BELLAVISTA NANAY PIER
It is located to 3,5 km to the south of Iquitos’s city (20 minutes in mototaxi). Boats are rented to walk along the river Nanay and to visit the places of Padre Cocha and San Andrés
The Amazon immense and ancient, it is the world’s mightiest river , and there looks alike an immense sea of sweet water in perpetual movement.